HELLO AND WELCOME.
I’m former university professor and interior design business coach and consultant, David Shepherd and I want to talk to you about “How to Catch a Whale”.
That is, how to get the most important architects, builders, realtors, and other influencers in your market to hand you their top interior design projects on a silver platter, all without you having to cold call, market online, or sell.
In other words... how to get them to come to you!
This six-week masterclass comes with some amazingly valuable bonus products and for a limited time, is priced to save you over $5,000. Oh yes, all of our courses come with a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee, so there is never any risk to you.
First, a little background on me… and on this course.
I’VE DONE COUNTLESS HOURS OF ANALYSIS TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS IN YOUR INDUSTRY.
As you may know, my background is as an entrepreneur having built several multi-million dollar businesses, an MBA, and a faculty member of two top-ranked universities where I taught small business strategy and finance. And for the better part of the last two decades, I have applied that knowledge exclusively to helping interior designers earn what they deserve.
During my career, I have:
- Produced over 45 live events which have been attended by thousands of designers
- Created coaching networks joined by hundreds
- Worked one on one with hundreds more as a coach and consultant.
Along the way, I’ve done countless hours of research and analysis to find out what works and what doesn’t work in your industry. That’s why a few years ago, I went on a crusade to compare and contrast those designers who just barely get by with those who do spectacularly well, financially.
It turns out that there is really only one difference between success and barely getting by.
SUCCESSFUL FIRMS ARE ABLE TO ACQUIRE HIGH-VALUE, SIX-AND SEVEN-FIGURE CLIENTS.
THE ONES I CALL WHALES
That may sound obvious, but it really took me years of detailed analysis to be able to prove beyond a doubt from a financial statement basis how critical this is.
Then, I went on another crusade to find out exactly where these whales come from.
How do the successful firms find them?
I guess you could say that I “reverse engineered” the process of where whales come from. That is, I studied designers who are consistently successful, and reverse engineered exactly what they do to land the occasional whale that leads to that success.
I wanted to know every step of where they had come from, who had referred them, how had they found this designer and why had they chosen them. I was looking, of course, for patterns and proven hooks.
WHAT I LEARNED?
WHALES DON’T SPEND WITHOUT A PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION
I literally put pins on a map linking scores of whales from coast to coast and each had data tracing the path they traveled in choosing their designer…and virtually all of them came from one source — influencers.
Whales, no matter how rich, are careful with their money and not one of them is going to spend six figures without a personal recommendation from someone they know and trust.
The most powerful influencers were architects, builders, realtors, the media, and former clients.
You see, it turns out that you could spend ten years…
- Building your online portfolio
- Gathering testimonials
- Investing in expensive photography
- Showing off your awards
And none of that means a thing compared to someone of trust saying to a friend on the 18th hole of the expensive golf club…
That’s it. That’s the Holy Grail. That’s all they need to hear. Sure, they’ll still want to see your work and meet you to assess compatibility at some point, but the hard part is over. For one thing, they’re calling you!
They’re selling you on working with them.
CATCHING WHALES WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING
FOR BOTH YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR LIFE
I’ve carefully created a six-week masterclass to teach you all of the methods you’ll need to land whales.
These great, high net worth clients allow designers to:
- Stop worrying about cash flow for a period of time (Get off the “roller coaster”)
- Stop worrying about marketing for a period of time even though my system will keep the whales coming in over a period of years
- Invest in needed technology, outsourcing or staff
- Stretch your design wings on the back of a large budget
- Network and influence other whales
- Increase your own personal earnings
- Take money out of the company to create a secure financial future
And perhaps the greatest benefit of all for my system of catching whales?
It requires none of the mind-numbing trivia of chasing the latest social media fad.
There’s no Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, SEO, blogging or other wasteful efforts in my system.
WHAT YOU GET
WHEN YOU MAKE THIS COMMITMENT TO YOUR FUTURE
- First, you’ll get immediate access to a six-week masterclass on “How to Catch a Whale.” These high quality video tutorials are the primary tool by which I will teach you everything you need to know about the system. Watch them at a time convenient to you, on any device.
- In week 1 of the masterclass, you’ll learn about the psychology of persuasion to learn the methods that will make it impossible for key influencers to ignore you. You’ll also learn that how to sequence and follow up on your campaigns makes the difference between success and failure.
- In week 2 you’ll go through the “dating” process, learning exactly what influencers need, and how your unique skills form that perfect match. This is often one of the hardest challenge designers face—identifying what makes them different. Don’t worry, I have powerful processes just for that.
- In week 3 you’ll define your target market. Like those real estate agents that put flags in the yard own July 4, you’ll identify exact areas where your whales live and who the influencers are and seek to dominate that niche.
- In week 4 you’ll start to define the exact elements of your influencer campaigns including many that have been absolutely proven to work. From events to gifts to referral networks, you’ll develop a toolkit from which you can choose your ideal campaign.
- In week 5 you’ll establish the precise details, budget, and timeline for your campaigns and the beauty of my system is that it scales easily. If you only want to invest $100, that’s fine. And if you want to invest $10,000 that’s fine, too.
- And in week 6 you’ll commit your specific marketing plan to writing and actually launch your first initiative including a tracking system and the goals you have set to declare “success!”
GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO THE SAME ELEMENTS THAT ENABLED...
Kelly to get a whopping 25% response rate from her most influential former clients…
Hank to revamp his entire retail strategy to appeal to influencers and whales…
Edwina to take less than four months to catch a whale that changed her life…
Billie to increase her earnings from $60,000 to $120,000… in one year...
And other clients of mine to earn $350,000, $450,000, even $1 million a year.
There is only one path to those high earnings for an interior designer and it’s through catching whales.
“HOW TO CATCH A WHALE” USUALLY RETAILS FOR $2,495...
ONE WHALE WOULD PAY FOR THAT MANY TIMES OVER.
But don’t get your credit card out just yet.
If you make a decision today, I’m going to offer some incredible bonuses and an insanely low price.
Let’s start with looking at the bonus products for those who act today.
Up Your Cash Flow
I’m sure you’ve heard that the three most important things in real estate are location, location, and location. Well, the three most important things in any business, especially a small one, are cash flow, cash flow, and cash flow. This 4-part video series makes sure you know how the timing of cash flow works. It also contains 11 ways to increase your cash flow, and even includes a system for running your entire business based on cash flow, including employee incentives and bonuses.
Total bundle value: $3,990
Spreadsheet Scenario Finder
Once you are getting the information you need to succeed, you might want to grow your firm, yet there is always the question of knowing when the right time for that is. So I built a spreadsheet model for you—all you do is enter three variables—and the spreadsheet will spit out exactly how much business you’ll need, how many clients, what size, and even how much wealth you’ll accumulate over time by making just small tweaks to your pricing strategies.
Total bundle value: $4,485
Building the Right-sized Firm
This special webinar that will show you why there are right and wrong-sized firms. It will warn you not to get caught in “the donut hole” by being the wrong size and when to make the leap to growth. It will also help you to understand that there is nothing wrong with being small—some of the most profitable designers I see are sole practitioners, and their lives can be far simpler than those trying to run more complex practices. From breakeven analysis to a specific checklist for when to “make the leap,” this could be the most valuable resource of all, and the one that prevents you from making a HUGE mistake!
Total bundle value: $4,980
The “8 Steps” Course
The 8 Steps is my best-selling course of all time. It’s the course that has generated more profits for more interior designers than any other course in history. And now, there’s a 10-video tutorial with a 67-page workbook that has been customized just for interior design… It walks you through creating a visual goal setting system; preparing for change in a fast-changing industry; doing less and making more by simplifying your firm; identifying ideal clients; pricing for profit; creating switching costs so that clients and partners can’t leave you; and… creating the intense focus needed to sustain success over time.
And I'm throwing it in...
That brings our total package to $6,475…
NOW LET ME ASK YOU ANOTHER QUESTION...
- If I can provide you with a proven system to get architects, builders, realtors, former clients, and other influencers to deliver whales to you on a silver platter, all without having to cold call, do online marketing or sell…
- And if I could show you 11 ways to increase your cash flow, to get out of debt and to sleep better at night…
- And if I could provide you with a spreadsheet tool and guide that will let you plug in only three numbers and then will spit out a complete business model for you including how many clients you’ll need and how large they need to be…
- And I could show you how to build the right-sized firm even after landing whales, and how deadly it is to get caught at the “wrong size,” or what I call “getting stuck in the donut hole…”
- And I could show you how to get the business and life of your dreams through interior design’s most successful business course, my “8 Steps…”
It would be worth it $6,475, wouldn’t it?
That’s why you’re still reading, isn’t it? I mean you can probably see why people pay me $35,000 and up to get this type of information in a consulting engagement or $10,000 a day just to brainstorm.
But I’m not going to charge you $35,000 or $10,000 or even $6,475.
Your investment today is only $997.
For almost thirty years, David Shepherd has taught small business strategy at two of the nation's top business schools. And for almost twenty years, he has brought this knowledge exclusively to interior design professionals.
As founder of the Business of Design Conference, David hosted over 3,000 interior designers at 40 events held throughout North America. David has also facilitated the sharing of "best practices" among hundreds of interior design principals, including sole practitioners and principals of 30-person firms. David's current coaching network is a membership organization called The Edge.